Well, Fashion as Superstar isn't actually a Hong Kong company, but they ARE based in China, which is the motherland. I'm just so thrilled to get the gloves I ordered from them that I wanted to share.
I've wanted leather opera gloves for a while now, but they've been too expensive for me to consider. Then, I found Fashion as Superstar, and I emailed Nicole, who is lovely and helpful. I ended up ordering a custom-sized pair of opera gloves because -- sob -- apparently, I have man hands. My hands are disproportionately large in comparison to my arms, and my wrists are disproportionately small. So my sizing ended up being large for hands, extra small for wrists and small for arm width.
I also ended up getting half-gloves, which they have unfortunately named "Sex and the City" gloves. Is it because the gloves were featured on the show? I haven't really watched the series.
Anyway, everything arrived in about a week, and I couldn't be happier. The gloves are lined and made out of very soft kidskin. Here I am with my opera gloves. It looks a bit The Night Porter-ish, but I love them anyway. I'm going to be wearing these as soon as the weather allows! (By the way, please don't cast aspersions on my hair colour and waviness. I really get tired of people commenting on how I should refresh my dye or perm. My hair naturally looks like a half-assed dye and perm job, alright?)
And these are the half-gloves. They were really bright green when I got them, and made me kind of look like the Joker, so I aged them a bit by soaking them in warm water, then rubbing them with cooking oil (you're supposed to use olive oil, but I didn't have any) after they'd dried out. I'll be wearing these every day with my vintage dresses!
Nicole ships internationally, so I urge you to check out her Web site. We e-mailed in Chinese, but I believe her English is fluent. Let her know you heard about her from me!