I totally forgot the name of this sandwich joint. I'm convinced there's a Tranh in it somewhere but I could just be racist.
*UPDATED: The name of the restaurant is Deliceux.*
I hadn't tried this place before as it's brand new. I mean, they don't even have a door, yet! But my friend swore by it, and he's got really excellent taste. So, off we went to Graham Street (way past the Graham Street Cafe and right next to the wet market).
The interior is super basic and probably seats about twelve at the most. That would be a really tight squeeze, though.
We got the lunch combo, which is HKD50 for any sandwich, any appetizer and hot drink. I got spring rolls for my appetizer. They were good, but rather tiny, the size of a Libby's canned Vienna sausage.
I got the deluxe sandwich, which had cold cuts and foie gras. I forgot what my friend got. Pork patties, perhaps?
I remember it being pork but looking at the picture, I'm not sure if it's patties.
I really liked my sandwich, I found it hearty and of a good size. The bread was lightly buttered, a big improvement over places that either skimp on butter or use so much butter that the bread is like a lubed-up dildo at a porn set. The foie gras was a nice touch. I'd never had it in Vietnamese sandwiches before.