Filler Outfit #9

When I got dressed today, I was thinking, "What would I wear if I were Dee Snider testifying before the US Senate?"

This is basically just a remix of stuff I've worn before, but put together slightly differently. My leopard print trousers, Moussy boots -- this time pulled up -- and my mother's Byblos jacket. I'm wearing a white wifebeater that I love so much that I hardly wear it.

Do you ever do that? I have some articles of clothing that I like so much that I'm afraid of wearing them out because I don't know how to replace them.


The funny thing is, I usually wear girly stuff, but I feel most comfortable in these kinds of outfits. I mean, when I dress girly, I enjoy it, but it feels like a costume. I feel like I got more swagger when I wear trousers and wifebeaters.

My daily makeup routine is mascara and some kind of lipgloss or lipstick. Depending on the weather, my cheeks get red, just like those healthy ruddy-cheeked farm girls in the 1960s Communist posters. However, mine are kind of red in patches (and weirdly, my left cheek is redder than my right cheek), so I sometimes also rub in some rouge to even out the redness. (I use Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink because I'm lazy and don't want to use a brush. I highly recommend it. It's buildable and stays on your face all day, even through humidity. You also don't need a lot, so the rouge lasts for months.)

Anyway, I don't usually put on eyeshadow or anything during winter because my skin feels too dry. But when summer comes, I like to slap on the eye makeup. I felt like doing smeared black eyeliner today to go with the whole hair metal-ish look.

One of the cosmetic brands I would recommend is the drugstore brand, Bourjois, which you can find at Watson's. It's cheap but really good. This is their Volume Clubbing Waterproof Eye Pencil, and it's perfect for humid weather. It doesn't run as much as other eyeliners, the colours are really intense and it feels nice. My eyelids are quite oily, and the eyeliner creases on me, but otherwise, it stays on for hours.

This is what it looks like after 5 hours. Not bad, eh?

I found out about Bourjois from Pixiwoo, and although I haven't tried anything other than the eyeliner, those girls really like the eyeshadows and mascara. I might try getting the mascara when I'm done with my current.