Lorong Ah Soo Hougang Ave 1 - My Home for the past 30years

This picture is taken from my corridor...the new blocks of flats (OK not so new) opposite my block. Since this week is a calm week before the tidal waves of Japanese Mook takes over (LesportSac, Furla, Russet, Fred Perry etc etc), I thought I might as well blog about the place that I live.
As far as I can remember, I was born here and lived here almost all my life...this place where the picture was taken used to be an empty forest....but the new blocks of flats somewhat sprung up over the years.
During my childhood days, I used to stay over at my grandparent's house over at Dakota Crescent (the old Singapore Improvement Trust Houses) near the old Kallang Airport Mountbatten area. I only went home periodically as I was taken care by my grandma last time....I can say that I am closer to my grandparents & uncles & aunties more than my parents and they pampered me as I was the eldest grandson then. Kindergarten started soon after & I was forced to move back to my own house which I cried & cried as I really ain't wanna move back home but no choice as have to start school. It was during this time my grandparents moved to a double storey HDB Flat in Enous, but that did not stop me from staying over the weekend when there was no school. Come to think of me, I was really pampered by my relatives and they gave me money before I go back to my own home everytime....compared to my mum whom I was not very close to in the initial stage of my childhood.....
I guess I was a very spoilt brat back then, and my mum did not spare the ROD in dealing with me.....my Dad was worse and whenever he did step in....it as his "Beggar Sect Dog Beating Stick Technique" that had me using endless ZAMBAK on my bruised body....
Growing up with all these punishments has really taken a toll in my mind I guess....but it also shaped me the way I am and really help steered me away from the wrong path. It is only after so many years that I can let go of what used to happen to me....well all parents love their child I supposed...I guess it's better they discipline me than to let the law do it in the future.....
Haiz was really thinking of blogging my neighbourhood history but suddenly all those sad memories keep flooding back in my mind these few days.....probably getting OLD!