thailand land of smiles

Photobucket

Sawadee ka friends of Tick Tock Vintage. This is Avalonne of Avalonne Hall and previously the girl from hk, ldn & sf reporting from Hong Kong. I was so excited when Veronika first approached me about her upcoming trip to Hong Kong back in January during Winter Break. I had no idea that I would be coming back to Hong Kong for Spring Break and guess what? She's here now and I'm here! Life is full of delightful surprises. We'll be meeting on Thursday! While she's enjoying her trip in Hong Kong, I will be taking over for the day and I hope you will enjoy these photos I took in Bangkok, Thailand this past January.

In January, my mom and I went to Bangkok and it was my first time in Thailand. Bangkok is only a two hour flight away from Hong Kong. We arrived in the sweltering heat and keep in mind, it was January and it was in the high 80s! The best thing about the trip was that it was a prize that my mom had won at a raffle: two tickets to Bangkok and Four Seasons Hotel accommodation! It was heaven! The trip had one purpose, well maybe two or three, but the main purpose of the trip was... SHOPPING! Shopping in Bangkok is an experience and if you're ever there, you must... you must visit Chatuchak Weekend Market! There are over 5000 stalls of Thai goodness, clothes, vintage clothes, leather goods, local food, furniture, etc. The second purpose was food! Thai food! We managed to enjoy some authentic local food, market/street style. Tom yum goong, pad see ew and noodle soup (no fancy Thai name). We had a great time and one of the best part (wait... one of?... the entire thing was incredible) was I actually saw the amazing tea twirling man in action!

The whole experience was incredible and I really didn't want it to end. Bangkok is very much like Hong Kong, in a sense that there are many skyscrapers and shopping malls and traffic, but when if and when I go back I definitely want to visit the floating market and the temples. I hope Veronika and Bryan are enjoying their time in Hong Kong and I look forward to meeting them and seeing her post on the trip! I'm assuming if you're a student, you're on Spring Break, so I hope everyone is having a fun, safe, adventurous and memorable Spring Break! Take care everyone!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket