Transitioning into locs

Feb 26th 2011  my locs were started with 2 strand twists. after leaving i was looking for my earrings.  i liked the twist but felt i looked more masculine because my hair was so short.    

you can see te double strand twist on some of them. 
2 weeks later after my first wash and retwist.  i was told not to wash my hair for 6 months but after some research i said forget that.   water will help my hair tangle faster and my scalp was itchy as hades. 

about a week after the retwist i know its kind of blurry but it still looked ok.  the fuzz factor was getting a little bad but nothing i cant handle
i decided i was going to maintian every 2 weeks so this has been about 1 month of twisted hair.  sometimes t would get a little crazy some coils standing straight out from my head.  



the clips taken out.  notice you always got to rock the earrings.



it has been about a months with my twist and i am still loving it.  i have noticed that some of the twists had started to bud others have not.  the twists in the back and sides are the ones i have the most trouble with. they dont want to stay twisted and just about every morning its loose hair.  to solve that i finger coiled them and i redo them every night and then one day i decided to interlock them.  since then i have not had problems with them coming undone but i'm not sure i like the feel of the knots but hey its to late now.  so overall i am still enjoying the process i think i am always looking at other peoples loc journey online i can wait till my locs mature and grow long.