Hrm...the Ladies' Night Market is such a tourist attraction that I didn't think I ought to write about it since everyone knows about it already. However, the Other Dude had a mission from her mother to buy some handcrafted slippers, so I thought I might as well take some pictures while we were there.
We wandered a bit until we found the slippers stall. Er...I don't exactly know where it is, but just keep walking around, you'll find it.
These slippers are about HKD120 a pair.
Holy crap, we both thought this pair was so cute. Too bad they're not high-heeled shoes. They were around HKD130 or HKD140 a pair, I think.
The Other Dude spotted this pair of flats, as well, and ended up buying them.
Very, very cute. Make them with 4-inch heels, please, thank you.
*UPDATE: Since writing this entry, though, the Other Dude went to DNA Galleria and found the same shoes for only HKD79! What a big tsk!
More pictures from the Ladies' Night Market.
Oh my God, I thought these little fabric purses were sooo cute. The envelope ones are only HKD18. I'll have to go back and buy some as presents. I think the ones on top were HKD15...but I might be making shit up.
This place sells buttered corn, hot dogs and waffles. I was mesmerized by the drawing of the corn and the chicken holding hands. I like it when food can make friends with each other.
Veggies waiting to be dipped in batter and deep fried. So delicious. Yes, I'll eventually publish an entry on street food. This one says that it's HKD7 for 4 pieces.
Other food awaiting their final destinies in the deep fryer and then in someone's stomach. To get to the Ladies' Night Market, get off at Mong Kok Station, Exit E. The MTR signs tell you to get off at Exit D, BUT THEY ARE LYING.