Buttonhole

I used to live across the street from Buttonhole in Soho, and to be honest, I used to give a lasercut-side eye at the staff all the time because they would use the very narrow first floor landing of my building as a place to repair and sort out incoming stock.

Oh well, I'm not such an asshole anymore, I think. Buttonhole is famous for selling designer stuff at quite a low price. The clothing is aimed for an older market, but you'll see quite a lot of nice stuff there, as well. Would you believe that sleeveless white dress with vintage print is a Roberto Cavalli?? That dress is so me, but I decided not to get it because of that reason. I don't want to be stuck in a style rut.


Tsk! Look at this dude walking into my shot. I wanted the Other Dude to go and kick her ass (the OD is an amateur kickboxer who's recently won a fight), but the OD wasn't in the mood.

The OD bought this Alexander McQueen coat. Beautiful, isn't it? She got it for about HKD1800.

I was touched when I told the OD that I liked this Herve Leger dress, and she said to me that I was better than that.

The OD: That's so not you! Herve Leger is for rich Desperate Housewives-type women who are trying too hard to be sexy by looking like strippers.
Me: Well...that kind of sounds like me, minus the rich part.
The OD: You're just skanky, but you're not a wannabe.

Aw, I was seriously touched! But I actually would wear Herve Leger. But I think I would wear it more like a goth stripper after an eight-hour shift, with a crazy bouffant and my bondage cuffs.


Some of the things I've purchased at Buttonhole. I got this straitjacket sweater years and years ago. It was rather expensive, if I recall correctly, it was about HKD300 or so. It used to be blindingly white, but it's gone yellow with age, which I actually like. This outfit is just a casual look, with vintage plaid skirt, bondage collar and my red Michelle Mason clogs. Sorry for the awkward posing. I was perching on the table again.


Oh, I love those shoes so much! I got them at the now-gone Sistyr Moon in Central almost 10 years ago. They are terrible to walk in but so beautiful.



And I got this Manoush dress for HKD419. The price is really good, isn't it? Such a pretty dress!


I'm wearing Costume National beige slingbacks with a silver heel. These shoes are obviously a size too big for me, but they were on sale at On Pedder for only HKD150. For Costume National! I had to get them, and anyway, with gel inserts, they fit okay.



I feel like a Tord Boontje lamp in the dress.
Image taken from here
Actually, when I wear it out, I think I'll take my inspiration from Alan Moore's Swamp Thing (does anyone have a copy of the whole Alan Moore run they can lend me? I only ever read a couple of issues). I'm thinking...braids wrapped around my head, my silver crown of thorns, red eyeliner. Don't you love thematic dressing?
Taken from here

Can I just take this moment to declare how amazing I think Alan Moore is? And he supports libraries and goldsmiths!
Taken from here

Buttonhole is at 68-70 Peel Street in Soho, at least for now until the crazy rents drive them away.

ps. A little bit of Chabi for you: