day to night: blue modcloth skirt, day edition.

vest: vintage
shirt: american apparel
skirt: modcloth cabin fever sale
tights and socks: h&m
shoes: vintage

so, probably the most casual outfit that i've ever posted on tick tock vintage before - no heels, ma! my post today on the delightful dozen blog is a new feature that i'm very excited to work on; i'm choosing an item from my closet and dressing it down for daytime and up for nighttime. this is sort of a challenge for me for two reasons; one, it's much easier for me to dress up. give me a pair of heels and a feminine dress and i'm good to go. two, i usually buy an item with a specific outfit in mind; it's hard for me to see beyond whatever i imagined the item for, if that makes sense. you can read all about it on my newest delightful dozen post!

this weekend was hectic beyond belief. the clothing swap was very fun, but so much work! i got there four hours early to set up and it took me the whole four hours to make signs, set up the tables and racks, sort through 14 trash bags and 2 tubs of clothing (and that's just what jen and i brought). i got to meet mandy and leah, they're both super sweet. i ended up leaving with some blouses, two dresses, and a little jacket. i think it went successfully, and i can't wait to plan another for the fall. i'll post some pictures of the swap later this week. thanks to everyone who participated and spread the word around!

now that my studio had been cleared of a massive amount of vintage, i spent all of sunday cleaning and sorting and organizing. the room had become, well, a mess - i found things that i had totally forgot about (my antique greeting card collection, rubber stamps) and realized that i have 4 giant floppy straw hats. whoops. i think i'm going to use the room as a place to store my teaching materials and lesson plans, as well as a place work on crafts and sewing. there's still a ton of vintage shoes that i need to sort through; they'll most likely be making an appearance on my blog shop later this week.

how was your weekend?