Heartwarmer

I really just had to share this. A dog in Japan led a crew of reporters to his injured doggie friend, who he stood guard over until they were both rescued and taken to a shelter.

My Japanese is really atrocious, but damn, dudes, the emotion in the reporter's voice as he started saying, "Yokatta!" in relief when he realized the other dog was alive really made me choke up. And the poor doggie shivering as he waited for them to help his friend...

You know, through all the horror and through all the shitty, insensitive comments that people are making, the Japanese people have really humbled and impressed me with how they're coping. I'm really humbled by their resilience and kindness to each other. If they can do that amidst disaster, we have no excuse not to be generous and kind in our daily lives amidst comfort and safety.

This video also just goes to show you how dogs are better than shitty expats who come to Asia to take high-paying jobs and then are the first to leave when there's any trouble, all the while whining about how hard their lives are. And of course, when things are better, they'll be back again.

Funny enough, today's entry below features Chabi, although I'm not really sure whether she'd help me get rescued or eat me herself, first.

From Metro. I really hope the owners of these dogs are safe, as well, and are reunited with their pets. This whole story reminds me of Mari, the dog who saved her master and her puppies during the Kobe earthquake and had to be left behind with her three puppies. I wisely avoided the film because I knew I'd just cry my eyes out and get sick, but I stupidly watched a short documentary and they showed Mari being reunited with her owner, who was this super sweet-looking grandpop. The grandpop started crying because he was so relieved to see her again, and he felt so bad being evacuated without her and he kept telling her "I'm sorry," and I'm already sniffling as I write this.