Mixin' Up the Medicine

I don't miss smoking at all. I think I'm pretty lucky in that most of my friends don't smoke (I hang out with women and gay men who are either really vain or health-conscious). And I was never really such a huge smoker because I wasn't addicted to nicotine. It was more of a boredom issue, having something to do during the downtime in between working hours. So once my life got sorted out, and I had things to do, I just stopped and never really looked back.

Also, I really hate the smell of cigarettes on my body and my clothes. It's part of the reason I don't like going out to clubs.

Anyway, for the smokers visiting Hong Kong, you absolutely cannot smoke in parks, tourist spots like the Peak, indoor areas of most restaurants and bars, escalators (yes, even the outdoor ones, otherwise, you'll see me calling the police on you), lifts, schools and inside office buildings.