Island Wake

Now this is the type of sports that I can relate to. It may surprise some people who see my blinding, corpse-toned skin, but I actually love scuba diving, swimming and surfing. I was going to say water sports, but I think that would attract more perverts to this blog.

You can actually surf in Hong Kong -- the waves are best near Big Wave Bay (obviously), but it's fucking hard to get there. There's also surfing in Lantau, but the waves are best for good surfers (I'm basically a beginner, alas). I would actually go there and take some pictures but I'm sort of banned because I drowned and caused a lot of trouble. Never fix your hair while standing with your back to a big wave while you're attached to a surf board.

Although, really, you know, I didn't stay dead for long, you'd think people wouldn't overreact so much. Check out my injuries, though!


This is my leg, by the way. Yes, that's the closest I can get to a tan. I didn't bother taking any other pictures of my body, but I had some pretty crazy bruises along my back, ribs and arms, too. Hehehe, good times.

Anyway, there are a few places in Hong Kong where you can get equipment and clothing, and Island Wake is one of them. Island Wake is housed at 3 Cannon Street in Causeway Bay (exit D from the MTR). The building is home to quite a few good shops, including Retrostone, subject of an upcoming entry.

See the arrow? That's where the building entrance is.


So, as you can see, Island Wake also covers snowboarding and wakeboarding. I only went to the fashion and style shop because I figured that most people reading this blog wouldn't need to see pictures of wakeboards and things like that. If you already do these sports, you'll already know what you want to buy, and you just need the address of the shop, anyway, right? Or am I totally rationalizing my laziness?

Anyway, I should note that 1 Cannon Street and 3 Cannon Street share the same entrance, so basically, all three shops are in the same building.



They have all the usual stuff: hats, watches, belts. The staff are mostly these really tanned and sporty-looking dudes. They're really nice and are multilingual.




I browsed the bikinis, but wasn't really impressed. These are more for just hanging out, rather than doing something active, and I'm not about to drop HKD700 for something that I'd only wear for lounging around. Ugh, this is when my penis envy asserts itself. Why must guys be perverts and like looking at breasts? Why can't women's breasts just be asexual? It would be so nice to just wear bottoms and not worry about putting on a shirt or a bra or a bikini top.